So
I've decided to give
this blog thing a punt. Still not sure about it, I mean, to me it
seems a tad self-indulgent and a bit me me me kinda thing..seriously
who wants to read your random thoughts, the flotsam and jetsam that
drift through your head on a daily basis anyway??
Still,
here we are and here I find myself tapping away in pretty much the
same way I talk - don't think about it, just open my gob, or start
typing in this case and let it all fall out. You see I have this
strict no-thinking policy. Not so much a concerted effort not to
think so much as ...well, you work with what you've got don't you and
lets just say I wasn't even in the line when brains were being handed
out....I was stood with an ice cream across the street looking at the
line wondering what everyone was queueing up for!
Mind
you, to be fair, a lot of people I know with perfectly good fully
working brains, according to them anyway, seem to still be devoid of
sense, common or otherwise so meh, I try not to get hung up on this
brain/thinky stuff, it never served me well and my instincts are far
more use to me anyway. My brain and I have an understanding - it
leaves me alone, and I don't poke it with a pencil. It doesn't have
to do anything except slump in the corner, dribble on itself and blow
raspberries and I leave it alone. It works for us both.
So
my instincts are the well tuned, beefy, buff, well toned muscles that
I rely on and the ones that get the regular exercise.
This
is odd. Actually, its beyond odd, its really freaky and feels
horrifically and alarmingly self-indulgent writing away like this.
Then again, I don't really care if no one ever reads this, I intend
to look at this as my own personal corner to expel some drivel, vent
my metaphorical spleen and use it as a cathartic rubber room type
space just for me.
Oh look, a crayon! :)
I don't mind confessing that I have actually been tippy tapping away on the keyboard a lot recently. I have these creative moods you see, well, moods where I like to faff about whether it be with clay - I do love making a mess and sometimes even seeing what I can create - my last being a ride on lawnmower for someone special and if the mood takes me I can turn my hand to large overly-elaborate fridge magnets - I mean seriously over the top!
If not faffing about with clay and making a mess, I sometimes feel inclined to get stuff down on paper/laptop and muse over it (I know, I need a chaise longue and some long lingering soul-deep looks here right?), nah sorry to disappoint, I don't do that deep. I mean stuff like this, just me, waffling on about life, the universe, love, all the other weird shit out there and sometimes even stuff that makes me giggle. Usually very puerile stuff, childish would be the best way to describe my sense of humour, well that or just downright smutty but hey its all good, I make myself laugh a lot so that's what counts right? If you can amuse yourself you're never bored or really alone eh? Hmm, well that's what I used to tell myself as a kid haha.
Oh look, a crayon! :)
I don't mind confessing that I have actually been tippy tapping away on the keyboard a lot recently. I have these creative moods you see, well, moods where I like to faff about whether it be with clay - I do love making a mess and sometimes even seeing what I can create - my last being a ride on lawnmower for someone special and if the mood takes me I can turn my hand to large overly-elaborate fridge magnets - I mean seriously over the top!
If not faffing about with clay and making a mess, I sometimes feel inclined to get stuff down on paper/laptop and muse over it (I know, I need a chaise longue and some long lingering soul-deep looks here right?), nah sorry to disappoint, I don't do that deep. I mean stuff like this, just me, waffling on about life, the universe, love, all the other weird shit out there and sometimes even stuff that makes me giggle. Usually very puerile stuff, childish would be the best way to describe my sense of humour, well that or just downright smutty but hey its all good, I make myself laugh a lot so that's what counts right? If you can amuse yourself you're never bored or really alone eh? Hmm, well that's what I used to tell myself as a kid haha.
God
I hated being a kid. Vile times. Lonely, confusing, hard, stressful
and just shite really. So glad that's long gone and jesus, the
thought of bringing any offspring of my own into this god-forsaken
world just makes my blood run cold! I was never meant to be a
breeder, and with my genes its probably for the best in all honesty!
And
not saying that being an adult has been a walk in the park so far (or
a "cake walk" a phrase someone rather lovely introduced me
to the other day), far from it but hey, better than being a kid and
sooooo much better than being a teenager right!
So
what's the deal with me? Ha, wish I knew lol, but suffice to say I
have a...well, unconventional life, a LOT of love around me rather
wonderfully and a somewhat interesting life. To say things are never
dull would pretty much be on the money, but good or bad, its my life
and I pretty much do my best to enjoy life, love, laughter and other
things that start with L as much as possible.
For
what its worth just as I'm no great thinker, nor am I a great planner
of things, I take a much more zen approach to life believing that by
and large, things and details will take care of themselves. I prefer
the big picture, the grand scheme of things, the
fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants approach.
Life
is weird and unpredictable, often hitting you where you least expect
it, in ways you can't even begin to comprehend, so why bother? Why
try to work it out, just roll with it and hang on I reckon!
If
someone had told me 12 months ago I'd be in the position I'm
in....I'd probably have ruptured something from laughing or backed
away from them slowly being careful to avoid making any sudden
movements, but there you go. Life...grabs you by the short and
curlies and jiggles you about and weird things fall out, fall off,
clag themselves to you, latch onto you, burrow down into your heart
and soul (I don't mean like ringworm or anything scary here - that
was meant to be a nice analogy...OK on reflection maybe "burrow
down" and nice don't really go together), and you just have to
ride it out. Take the bad and learn from it, please do or its been a
helluva waste otherwise and the good, just enjoy it! Oh and in
between the good and bad will be the things that seem bad but are
good and things that seem good but are bad - I'm leaving that one
alone thanks!
One
other thing about me...I don't abbreviate. I don't shorten my
thoughts - you noticed? And yep, I'm exactly the same when I talk
too...you have to really respect and admire the people around me
really don't you? God bless them and all who sail in them.
And
while I'm banging on about stuff that I bang on about, its worth
mentioning my major interest in mens rights and working hard to help
men. Why men? Well why not men? A lot of the stuff I write here may
come across as anti-women and that's because, well, I often am and
feel that the whole feminism shebang (or am I meant to say Personbang
now??) has gone a bit nuts now and men are indeed the ones suffering
now.
Male
suicide is now the biggest killer of men aged 18-35 and that's just
not on. Something needs to be done, things need to change and change
now.
(More about my Shed project later).
(More about my Shed project later).
So
yes, you'll find me bleating on around here about things I care
about, people, places, stuff, thoughts, things I hate and more.
Should you really have nothing better to do than listen to me harp
on, then I'm flattered and honoured to have your company, so do
pull up a chair, no not that one, that's mine, and not that one,
that's where the cat sleeps...yep that one's fine and we can get
better acquainted. :)
If
you feel like messaging me and adding your own comments, (be nice
though, we have a strict no arseholes policy round these parts) then
do say hello and I look forward to hearing from you. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment