I learned the truth – at 17
After years of watching the suffering of boys, teenagers and grown men as they were thrown helplessly into a vast ocean filled with razor-teethed women who seem to speak a completely different language to them, I decided that having a fairly straightforward approach to life myself and being a very open communicator, it was time to at least try throwing them a lifeline.
Secondly, a lifetime of watching women play horrific mind games, declare psychological warfare on their male counterparts and generally not having a clue about how to speak to men or what men actually do want and need from us, prompted me to say No, dammit, I'm going to try and step in and bridge the gap here.
Someone needs to have a bash at this from a different angle and one that cuts through the crap, the mind games and the general fuzziness that is communication between men and women.
While its very true, we are very VERY different species, there still exists this cavernous gap when it comes to communication between two species, who by and large are actually pretty damn good together in the right circumstances!
At this point you're probably wondering what the hell makes me an expert and what my credentials are.
Well, firstly, I don't have any degree, no professional membership, no kind of academic recognition for what I do whatsoever.
What I do have however is a lifetime of experience, of hearing peoples stories, their life changing and not so life changing experiences, their relationship stories, relationship problems and have been long since considered a good egg to seek out if you have a problem, as was my mother before me and many other women down my family line.
My Mum equipped me with the most vital education I could ever have received and instilled common sense, decency and the ability to listen without prejudice or judgement and THE most important life lesson – to learn how to listen to and rely upon my instincts.
What I didn't realise as I was growing up was that by training and using my instincts to guide me, they not only always helped me make the right decision (unless I ignored them which even I did on occasion much to my detriment) but they also enabled me very easily to always somehow find the right words to comfort someone, reassure someone, sympathise or empathise with someone and more importantly just listen to someone and be there for them with a kind word.
I learned that all problems are relative.
The phrase “yeah but what I've got going on is nothing compared to...” should quite frankly be banished to a nowhere world and never seen or heard again as it really does infuriate me.
A the end of the day, what you have going on, your problems, your worries and your fears are as real as anyone else's and no-one has the right, any time anywhere to minimise your problems or make you feel they are significantly less important than someone else's. Your problems are your problems, just like my problems are my problems and I have to deal with the challenges and tough times my problems throw at me as do you with yours. They are ALL important.
So this was my background and those are my credentials. I use common sense and my finely-tuned instincts to guide me and advise others. I use sympathy and empathy to put myself in your shoes if you come to me with a problem and will guarantee I'll always do my level best to help you.
I sincerely hope you find the information here useful and I welcome feedback, as this really does come from my heart and soul and while I don't believe in using big words that have some incredibly impressive meaning and while the latest trendiest buzzwords of the day completely escape me, what you get from me always is my absolute honest opinion and while not always sugar coated or easy to put across, it IS genuine, straightforward, no nonsense stuff that will hopefully help you lay down some new ways to enjoy your own life, the lives of those around you and fingers crossed will even help you learn new and much less complicated ways of dealing with the opposite sex! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment